Sunday, December 14, 2008

Interview season begins & then ends

November rolled around and it was time to start interviewing for residency positions. With boards all out of the way this was the last hurdle....well other than waiting for Match in March which would undoubtedly be tortuous. I had my heart set on the Legacy Emanuel and Good Samaritan Internal Medicine program. I busted my butt doing critical care and IM wards rotations there so I hoped my hard work would pay off!! The interview day started off well and was pretty casual to my great surprise. It ended even better when I was offered a spot outside the Match by the program director!!!!!! I was so excited that I spent the remainder of the day furiously texting everyone I could think of since I couldn't say anything in front of the other candidates. About a week later I was signing a letter of intent.... So it's official I'm now a Legacy resident starting July 1st!!!!!!!!!! Chad and I are ecstatic and really relieved that we won't have to endure the whole Match process. We are most excited by the fact that we can now call Portland our permanent home without feeling an impending since of jinxing things. The rest of the year is going to be smooth sailing from here. Now I just have to figure out how to survive 80 hour work weeks. Internship here I come!!!!!

No comments: